Sunday, October 18, 2015

Going to start again


Although it has been awhile since I've written; it has not stopped the work on genealogy.  But I moved again - this time to North Carolina (from Florida) and so it has taken time to find the time with a new house, and a new job, in a new location to find time to do anything relating to genealogy.

In August, I got to drive to Fayette County, PA and visit my cousin who is currently living there.  He took me on a grand tour of everything KING (related through my grandmother, who was Virginia King).  During the trip we stopped at the Cramer-King Cemetery, which is actually in Somerset County.  There I got to touch, and take a picture of the gravestone of Hannah Messimore (Missimer) King, the wife of Samuel King. They had 12 children, one of which is Charles Frederick King my third great grandfather.

The cemetery was out in the middle of a farm - surrounded by a fence.  Some of the stones were impossible to read, others like this one, you could actually understand. The usgwarchives has a complete listing for the cemetery at:  http://files.usgwarchives.net/pa/somerset/cemeteries/wpa/milford/cramer-king-bg.txt.  

This single stone makes me realize how much more there is to learn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment